RIGNEY BUILDING SUPPLIES LTD
Accessible Customer Service Plan
Rigney Building Supplies Ltd. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our employees are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods and services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
The customer that is accompanied by a service animal is responsible for maintaining care and control of the animal at all times.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
In situations where confidential information might be discussed, consent will be obtained from the customer, prior to any confidential information being discussed.
Notice of Temporary Disruption in Service
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities Rigney Building Supplies Ltd. will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services , if available.
We will post a notice at the main entrance at the point of disruption.
Training will be provided to all employees that act on behalf of Rigney Building Supplies Ltd. This training will be provided in the first week of employment.
Training will include:
- An overview on the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements for the customer service standard
- Rigney Building Supplies Ltd.’s plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing Rigney Building Supplies Ltd.’s goods and services
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to the act or Rigney Building Supplies Ltd. accessible customer service plan.
Record of Training
A record of the training will be kept for each employee
A copy can also be read at any time in our Health and Safety Policy
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Rigney Building Supplies Ltd. provides goods and services to people with disabilities can do so verbally or by contacting Rigney Building Supplies
All feedback, including complaints, will be passed on to Rigney Building Supplies Ltd.’s owners and safety committee.
Customers can expect to hear back in within 7 days.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Rigney Building Supplies Ltd.’s that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.